Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Re: EOY finalisation -ETP payments

Hi Sam_R 

We have the same probelm! We have one employee with an ETP that is showing in Payment Summaries and STP reports but is not showing in the Payroll register. We have only used STP 1, at no point have we moved to STP 2.

We have run mulitple $0 Pay runs (30th June) for the affected employee as instructed by MYOB and followed the instructions sent via email on 28th July. This has still not removed the erroneous ETP for a single employee.

We have been on hold for hours to Product Support with no resolution, the only resolutions offered have been fixes we have already tried, or being told to contact the ATO, who we have been in contact with also which offered no solutions as this is a MYOB software issue and they were unable to help with this issue. 

I have been told by MYOB that we will need to apply to the ATO for an extension ourselves, even though this is an issue that has been created and not resolved by MYOB with no resolution in sight. Our ATO extension has a deadline of 31st July which is this Sunday. We were given a fix for the problem by MYOB on 28th July. That gave us a day and a half to rectify the problem, which hasn't worked and now we will need to spend more time on hold to the ATO as I don't see any resolution being forthcoming. 

Does anyone have a solution for us?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi LouiseK1,

Thank you for your post, however, sorry to hear about this. I'd be more than happy to look into this further with you. 

If you were to open the Payroll Reporting Centre (STP) > Employment Terminations > can you click on the employee's name and let me know if you see any duplicate ETP payments showing here? 

LouiseK1
      User

Thanks so much for replying Sam_R 

We reversed the employee's termination as this was required in the fix that was sent on 28/7, so they are currently not listed in the Employment Terminations. 

Prior to reversing the termination there was 5 duplicate ETP payments showing. We have reversed the Pay Run 4 times, and these are all showing in Payroll > Pay Runs as Reversed Pay. The original pay run doesn't appear to be showing.

The initial pay run with the ETP was never received by the ATO but is listed as rejected in Payroll > STP Reporting. When we reversed this initial pay run (and associated transfers) this figure did not delete from the employees  EOFY Payment Summary. When we try to create the pay run with the ETP (in order to report to the ATO) the figure in the employees EOFY Payment Summary duplicates. 

Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated. 

We have spoken with someone at MYOB today and have been advised that there is another issue with ETPs that has been brought to their attention since the first ETP fix was communicated on July 28. We haven't received anything in writing in regards to this secondary issue but it could potentially be what is affecting our EOFY finalisation. 

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi LouiseK1,

Thank you for providing these details. 

The recent and current ETP issues are affecting clients that have transitioned to STP Phase 2, so if you are still in STP Phase 1, we should be able to investigate this further and resolve this. 

So that I can look into this for you, could you please send me a private message with your serial number, Company File name, and the name of the affected employee?