Forum Discussion

georgieh
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago

Removing payroll categories

I have a long list of payroll categories linked to my employees, due to a change in Award, as well as our timesheet system exporting codes I don't use. Please see attachment for example.

There must be a way to remove these from regular pay runs. It says they can't be deleted if they've been used, but when there are items that are NEVER going to be used again, they make the screen so cluttered and hard to check for correct entries.... and when the financial year ticks over, I think the timesheet system will send a whole bunch more through. I don't need to delete them, just to be able to select which are active and inactive, and better still, which are relevant to each employee. 

Any suggestions? 

2 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi georgieh

Thanks for sharing the payroll category screenshots. I get how a long list of payroll categories can make things a bit messy. While you can't delete categories that have been used, you can definitely manage their active status. This should help clear up your screen a bit. If you're expecting more codes with the new financial year, it's a good idea to sort this out now. If you need to permanently remove a pay item from an employee so it no longer appears in their pay, here's how:

1. From the payroll menu, choose employees.
    2. Click the employee's name.
    3. Click the relevant tab, such as Salary and WagesLeaveDeductionsSuperannuation, or Expenses.
    4. Click the remove icon next to the pay item to be removed.
    5. Click Save.

You may check out this helpful article about removing payroll categories for more details. Feel free to post again if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Shella

georgieh
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Shella, 

I just tried this and although I could click on all the crosses to remove the unwanted items, once I went to save it says "One or more payroll categories cannot be deselected as they have been used on recorded timesheets".

Just because I've used them in the past (under the other Award), doesn't mean I am ever going to want to use them again.

Any other ideas?