Forum Discussion

Advocacy1
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Reversal issue

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help me with this.
I had reason to reverse some pays within MYOB, as we all know you have to reverse and not delete as I had already reported to STP but had not sent the aba file to the bank.
The reversals and the original payments are all sitting in the prepare electronic payment page, but they are all sitting on the one side, not positive on one side and negative on the other, so needless to say I can’t reconcile them.
In addition, the original payment is from the electronic account and the reversal has cash selected, but sitting in the electronic payment page.
I have reversed pays before but never had this issue.

Thanks in advance

M

Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi Advocacy1 

You can send me those screenshots in a private message. Use the Microsoft snipping tool to create the screenshots and click on Photos to upload.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Advocacy1 

Thanks for your post. When you reverse a transaction that has Electronic selected as the Payment method, the Payment method changes to Cash but the Pay from account doesn't change. So the reversal will appear in the Prepare electronic payments window as this window displays transactions posted to the electronic clearing account.

If you go to Bank register and select the bank account can you see the reversals? If you had to reverse and reprocess the pays, are the two positive transactions the original and reprocessed transactions? If you click on the zoom arrow for a transaction that should be a reversal is the net amount negative?

If you continue to have problems with this can you send me screenshots of the Prepare electronic payment window and one of those reversal transactions. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Advocacy1
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply, I understand however, I just cannot sort this, is ther a way I can send you a couple of print outs without it being public on the community? 

Thanks 

M

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Advocacy1 

You can send me those screenshots in a private message. Use the Microsoft snipping tool to create the screenshots and click on Photos to upload.