Forum Discussion

Jen22
Trusted Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Sick & AL accrual hours

Hi all, when an employee takes Annual Leave & Sick Leave, do the entitlements accrue over those periods of leave?? 

The way our MYOB is set up, is doesn't do this

• Hi Jen22 

Did you change the Calculation Basis from Equals Hours per Pay Period to Equals percent of Gross hours? If you did can you go into Process Payroll and check if leave is accruing correctly now? Don't record the pay, just check the accruals.

You may need to do an adjustment pay to correct the accrual balances, this help article has instructions for that: Adjusting leave entitlements

Please let me know how you go with this.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jen22 

Thanks for your post. I found this information on the Fairwork website:

Annual leave accumulates when an employee is on:

• paid leave such as paid annual leave and paid sick and carer's leave
    • community service leave including jury duty
    • long service leave.

Sick and carer's leave accumulates when an employee is on:

• paid leave such as annual leave and sick and carer's leave
    • community service leave including jury duty
    • long service leave.

These links to the Fairwork website have more information, if you are unsure about your obligations I recommend speaking to Fairwork:

Annual Leave

SIck and Carer's Leave

With regard to your software set up, go to Payroll categories>>Entitlements tab and click on the zoom arrow to open Annual leave accrual. Click on Exempt and make sure Annual and Sick leave haven't been excluded from accrual calculations:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Jen22
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks for the response.

What if the Exempt button is not highlighted?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Jen22 

If the Exempt button is greyed out check the Calculation Basis. You need to have selected Equals Percent of in order for the software to do an accrual calculation based on payroll categories:

This help article has detailed information which will help you make sure your entitlements are set up according to your requirements: Leave and entitlements

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.