Forum Discussion

H-TS
Trusted User
2 months ago

"Some submissions during 15-20 May have not been reported correctly to the ATO. Click Send update event to report them."

Hi, 

I am seeing this message when I log into the payroll reporting. It doesn't give enough information.

Does this mean I HAVE to send an update event? Or if I've lodged other reports since then, I don't have to? The reports all say 'sent' in the list. How do I check?

The "about update events" pop up tip looks like maybe running an update event won't create 100+ payslips with 0 balance anymore that I have to manually clear out of the 'to be emailed' screen. Is that correct? Does it not create payslips anymore? Or has it finally been changed to at least create them as 'already sent or emailed'?

Can I ignore this message?

And why is it a tiny little message at the top of the screen after going to the payroll reporting centre, and not a pop up in the desktop software we use, or a mass mailout to all customers? What if I hadn't gone into the payroll reporting centre today? How would I have known?

2 Replies

H-TS
    Trusted User

Can't seem to edit the original post. I meant to type that the reports sent during that time say "accepted".
    Live chat couldn't understand what I was even asking. But at least they gave me a phone number to call! I thought all phone support had been cancelled months ago. There's a partial win at least.

H-TS
    Trusted User

If anyone's wondering, I ended up logging into the ATO Online Services and comparing the list of reports submitted there to the list in the MYOB portal. They were all there so I've assumed I don't need to take any action. Still can't get anyone to tell me if the 'send update event' still creates a $0 payslip for every employee that'll end up in the 'to be emailed' window.