Forum Discussion

MichelleGPN
Trusted Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

STP and EOY

Hi,

Being the first year using STP I thought I'd check that everything was balanced and good before last payrun next week. When I went into Payroll Reporting an employee was missing and there were three payruns that had not been accepted. I ran a $0 payroll for the missing employee, now they are showing. I also authorised the three payruns and they are now showing as accepted. When I ran the Payroll Reporting again this morning, the gross payments figure has decreased by around $55k. Why would it decrease when payruns were added? Nothing balances to the Payroll Activity Report. What do I need to check? How do I fix this? We are on AccountRight 2020.2.2 Thanks.

• Hi MichelleGPN 

I see that GDay53 has been able to help resolve some of your STP issues. With regard to that duplicate lodgement, it sounds like you have deleted a pay in AccountRight but as you can't delete pays in the Payroll Reporting Centre or ATO Business Portal it will still appear in both of those places. However, as explained by Graeme, STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report so you just need to make sure the YTD amounts are always correct.

For the leave loading not appearing in STP, go to Payroll Categories>>Wages tab>>open the leave loading category>>click on the Exempt button. Has PAYG Withholding been ticked? If so, you will need to untick it, then process $0 pays for all employees who have been paid leave loading to update STP.

When it comes to reconciling payroll, run the Payroll Activity report, Payroll Register report and YTD verification report. The Payroll Activity gets it's figures from the pays processed through Process Payroll. The Payroll Register gets it's figures from the Pay History tab in the employee card. The YTD verification report gets it's information from the Pay History tab and the ATO reporting categories. All three reports need to be the same.

Please let us know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MichelleGPN
    Trusted Cover User

Further to my questions below, I have found what appears to be a duplicated lodgement to the ATO - the amounts are exactly the same. There is only one amount showing on Payroll Activity report. How does this happen and how do I remove it?

My stress levels are significantly increasing - it feels like everything with STP is wrong. Am I going to be able to sort this out in a week? Never had any issues with Payment Summaries previously - I thought STP was supposed to be easier.

I'd greatly appreciate some help, advice, feedback!

GDay53
      Ultimate Partner

MichelleGPN 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

What you need to understand is that when you do a STP report the only thing that is reported is the YTD figures NOT that payruns figures.

So if you do a STP report on a payrun from say two months ago and it is accepted then it will reduce the figures back to what the YTD figures were for that payrun.

To make sure all your figures reported are the latest up to date figures do a zero payrun with todays date. That way all figures will be updated to the YTD figure as of today.

Check by running the Payroll Register Summary Report (NOT the Payroll Activity Report) and comparing that to the figures in the STP.

MichelleGPN
        Trusted Cover User

Thank you for replying GDay53 , I am getting anxious! I have run a zero payrun for all current employees, do I need to do the same for any employees made inactive during the year? It is still sending so haven't seen the results yet.

So will the duplicate file not matter as the dates are exactually the same?

Thanks again for your help.

• Hi MichelleGPN 

I see that GDay53 has been able to help resolve some of your STP issues. With regard to that duplicate lodgement, it sounds like you have deleted a pay in AccountRight but as you can't delete pays in the Payroll Reporting Centre or ATO Business Portal it will still appear in both of those places. However, as explained by Graeme, STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report so you just need to make sure the YTD amounts are always correct.

For the leave loading not appearing in STP, go to Payroll Categories>>Wages tab>>open the leave loading category>>click on the Exempt button. Has PAYG Withholding been ticked? If so, you will need to untick it, then process $0 pays for all employees who have been paid leave loading to update STP.

When it comes to reconciling payroll, run the Payroll Activity report, Payroll Register report and YTD verification report. The Payroll Activity gets it's figures from the pays processed through Process Payroll. The Payroll Register gets it's figures from the Pay History tab in the employee card. The YTD verification report gets it's information from the Pay History tab and the ATO reporting categories. All three reports need to be the same.

Please let us know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

MichelleGPN
      Trusted Cover User

Thank you Tracey_H .PAYG had been ticked, I have unticked and ran a $0 pay. I am waiting for it to be accepted.