Forum Discussion

Tasqua
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

stp2 cash out annual leave of 2wks for ongoing employee

We are paying 2 of our monthly salary employees 2 wks of their annual leave as 'Cash Out" prior to xmas period.  These employees are ongoing employees.

With STP2 under payroll categories do I only need to set up a Cash Out under the Wages Tab, is ATO report cat to be assigned "Gross Payments"?

Do I have to set up anything else under another tab?

Too much information to read through to fine a simple answer to my question.

Thanks for this.

• Hi Tasqua 

Thanks for your post. You would need to create a new payroll category in the Wages tab called something like Cashed out Annual leave. For STP Phase 2, the ATO reporting category would typically be Cash out of Leave in Service. However, if you're not sure about the ATO reporting category you will need to check with your accountant or the ATO.

The Help Article, Cashing out annual leave, has detailed information on setting up and processing these payments.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Tasqua
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply.  I did eventually speak with someone in MYOB and they also got me to link the CASHED OUT under ENTITLEMENTS tab for annual leave accrual.

Can you please confirm this is ok as your email did not say this further step?

Thanks for this.

Regards

Gill

• How did you link the CASHED OUT under ENTITLEMENTS tab for annual leave accrual. - I am getting an error 

EntitlementPayrollCategory_ExemptionsNotHourlyWages