Forum Discussion

Wave99
User
11 months ago
Solved

STP2 Send Update Event Error - Specify Category

I have balancing issues with EOY reports and need to Send Update Event to see if this will fix my discrepencies.

In another company had no issue with this, entered my name and it updated with a new line and $0 value in the STP Reports table.

For this current company it continues to come back with the attached error - "You must specify a category"
I have fun the Check Payroll Details button when you go into Payroll Reporting
I have manually checked all categories that they have been assigned.

Why can't I run this function?

• Hi Wave99

Thanks for your post and Welcome here in the Community Forum. I hope you will find it to be a great resource and place of information.

The message you are encountering is not a payroll-specific message. It has been generated as Setup>>Preferences>System>>Turn on Category Tracking: Categories are Required on All Transactions has been enabled in the company file. Unticking that option or selecting the option to be Not Required will allow you to record the transactions without the message appearing.

More information on categories can be found on Help Article: Categories

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Wave99

Thanks for your post and Welcome here in the Community Forum. I hope you will find it to be a great resource and place of information.

The message you are encountering is not a payroll-specific message. It has been generated as Setup>>Preferences>System>>Turn on Category Tracking: Categories are Required on All Transactions has been enabled in the company file. Unticking that option or selecting the option to be Not Required will allow you to record the transactions without the message appearing.

More information on categories can be found on Help Article: Categories

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth