Forum Discussion

VE1
Contributing User
2 years ago

Super not calculating under 9 hours per week.

MYOB is not calculating super on anything under 9 hours per week for my casual employee?  Any reason for this?  It is my understanding that since 1.7.22 that super is paid on everything - no limits.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Freman
    Trusted Partner

You need to check that the $450 threshhold has been removed from the SGC category.

MYOB's updates were suppossed to do this automatically but in my observations accross all my clients it was hit or miss (mostly miss).

VE1
      Contributing User

Yes the $450 is removed.

Calculation basis is minimum required rate of 10.5% of gross wages and no limit is selected

Freman
        Trusted Partner

I would be checking everything that happend in wages for that employee for the related month. (Perhaps look at the Payroll  Activity [Detail] report for the employee and manully calculate what the SGC should be and compare it to what it is actually showing.

Remember MYOB looks at the entire month to calcuate the super so you could end up with SGC not being 10.5% through simple mistakes eg manually creating a reversal & forgetting to reverse the SGC. If these types of mistakes have occurred and you then create a new payrun in the same month, MYOB will actually autocorrect by modifying the SGC (it just doesn't bother telling you why at the time and so you can be left scratching your head as to why its calc'd NIL or some other number that is not 10.5%).