Forum Discussion

JennyPTA
Trusted Cover User
5 months ago
Solved

Superannuation fund issue

I have a new employee who I used employee self onboarding in Payroll. He has the superannuation fund: Rest Super. However, when I go to pay his superannuation I get a message:

"This fund can no longer receive contributions using Pay Superannuation. Please edit the fund from the Superannuation Fund List window and select a valid Fund Name for it."

I checked the Fund List and Rest Super is listed. I re ticked it but still received the same message. I turned MYOB on and off and tried again but still receive the same message. 

Any/all help is appreciated with this issue.

• Hi JennyPTA

Thanks for your post.

Generally, this error message means that the super fund has changed its various superannuation fund details or that that fund is no longer a registered APRA fund, if all the details are correct, we've seen this error occur due to super fund details corruption, and the associated fund is a SMSF. 

To help you resolve this, you would need to recreate the superfund by adding a character at the end of the superfund name and entering the correct USI/SPIN and ABN, then make sure to select save and link this newly created superfund to the employee. Assign the new funds to employee contact> Payroll details> Superannuation, then try to process Pay Super again. 

Do let us know if you need further help. 

Cheers,

Shella

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JennyPTA

Thanks for your post.

Generally, this error message means that the super fund has changed its various superannuation fund details or that that fund is no longer a registered APRA fund, if all the details are correct, we've seen this error occur due to super fund details corruption, and the associated fund is a SMSF. 

To help you resolve this, you would need to recreate the superfund by adding a character at the end of the superfund name and entering the correct USI/SPIN and ABN, then make sure to select save and link this newly created superfund to the employee. Assign the new funds to employee contact> Payroll details> Superannuation, then try to process Pay Super again. 

Do let us know if you need further help. 

Cheers,

Shella

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi JennyPTA

Hope this message finds you well. We would like to follow up on your concern as we're not able to receive any updates. Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Shella

JennyPTA
        Trusted Cover User

Many thanks. Fingers crossed it all appears to be OK...