Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Superannuation not calculating correctly in the latest version of MYOB Account Right

The Super in not calculating correctly in the new version of Account Right. I need to know how to put in the amount of Super owed to each Employee. I have phone numerious times but have not been able to speak to anyone.

Loretta Martin

Partner

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Loretta_Martin 

Thanks for your post. To work out why the super is not calculating correctly I'll need screenshots of the super guarantee payroll category and a dummy pay for the first pay in the month. You can enter June as the payment dates in the dummy pay, enter the typical hours worked and then create the screenshot, you don't need to record the pay.

As super is calculated on a monthly basis AccountRight will automatically adjust the calculations so that 10% is accrued for the whole month. This means that any adjustments to the super amount when processing pays will affect calculations for the rest of the month. As such, I recommend running the Payroll register detail report for the whole month and manually calculating 10% of the OTEs. You can then check if the amount accrued by AccountRight is correct.

The Help Article, Checking and adjusting super, has detailed information on processing adjustment pays if you do need to correct super accruals.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.