Forum Discussion

Learoy
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Supperannuation

I am trying to find out what the difference is between Salary Sacrifice and Employer Additional Superannuation in Payroll in Australia.

I have instructions for both but don't which one to use. 

I have tried to to ring MYOB Support for help and have been put on hold for an hour or more.

So any help that I can get would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Lea

• Hi Learoy 

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, Salary sacrifice is deducted from an employee's gross pay while Employer Additional is a business expense paid by the employer in addition to gross pay.

If you're not sure which one applies to your employee you will need to contact the ATO or your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Learoy 

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, Salary sacrifice is deducted from an employee's gross pay while Employer Additional is a business expense paid by the employer in addition to gross pay.

If you're not sure which one applies to your employee you will need to contact the ATO or your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.