Forum Discussion

Valy
Experienced User
11 months ago
Solved

Terminating a Part Time employee who is now a Full Time Employee

Hello, 

We have an employee who was part time and became full time this year, our Accountant suggested we create a new Card File for the Full Time employee and make the Part Time Employee's Card File Inactive. 

When I try to terminate the Part Time Employee in STP Reporting, I see 2 of the same names, ( I did put a P/T next to the Employee name so I know which one is Part Time) 

My questions are: 

1 Do I need to terminate the Part Time Employee since they are now full Time?

2 If yes, how do i terminate the correct employee (Part Time) in STP Reporting? 

Thanks for your help.

• Hi Valy

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a useful tool.

In this matter, if the full time employee and part time employee is both hourly base you don't need to terminate the part time employee. However, if the employee's pay basis as full time will be changed to salary, you may need to terminate the employee as part time.

Our Help Article Terminate an employee in Single Touch Payroll reporting will provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Valy

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a useful tool.

In this matter, if the full time employee and part time employee is both hourly base you don't need to terminate the part time employee. However, if the employee's pay basis as full time will be changed to salary, you may need to terminate the employee as part time.

Our Help Article Terminate an employee in Single Touch Payroll reporting will provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

Valy
      Experienced User

Hi Leneth, I can confirm that the Employee is on the same pay basis - hourly, so I am happy to hear I do not need to terminate the part time employee.

Thanks for your help.

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Valy

Thanks for the update on this. We're glad to hear that we're able to look for the solution for you. Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,
        Leneth