Forum Discussion

MelBax
Experienced Cover User
3 months ago

Timesheet approval failed. Unable to approve timesheets.

I am having trouble approving a timesheet for an employee. It is only one out of the 5 logged. I have successfully approved 4 others for this employee

Timesheet approval failed. Unable to approve timesheets for ************.

I have logged out and back in to MYOB and MYOB Teams. I have deleted timesheets and reentered them and am still getting the error.

I have removed employee from MYOB Teams and readded them and still getting the error.

8 Replies

JC001
    Contributing User

I'm having exactly the same problem. One employee I was able to approve some of their timesheets but not able to approve anymore. So frustrating!

• Hi MelBax and JC001,

Thank you for your post.

We've come across an Accepted Solution post that might help resolve the issue you're experiencing with timesheet approval. This post provides a workaround that has proven to be effective for some users who have encountered the same issue. We encourage you to check out and read through this post, as it may provide you with the solution you're looking for. Please refer to this link for more information: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Payroll/Timesheets-unable-to-approve-MYOB-TEAM/td-p/832079

On the other hand, you can also reach out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, on our website, or you can submit a support request via My Account.

Feel free to start a new post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

MelBax
      Experienced Cover User

I have followed the instructions from the link and everything is set up correctly. 

As stated I was able to approve all but 1 of the 5 timesheets logged for the employee.

I again logged out of both MYOB Teams and MYOB and tried to approve the 1 timesheet that I cannot approve.

I have been able to approve timesheets submitted for this week. 

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, MelBax. Thank you for your post. 

Aside from the resolution mentioned on this thread, can you please try the following steps:

1. Log out of MYOB Team 
        2. Go to the Payroll tab, and choose the Payroll Categories button 
        3. Find the Base Hourly category and ensure that is is exactly named Base Hourly. It is case sensitive, and cannot be anything else, eg base hourly or Base Hourly Wages 
        4. In the Base Hourly Category, click on Employee, and ensure the relevant employee is marked with a tick.
        5. Click OK. 
        6. Approving Manager should now be able to successfully approve timesheets.

Let us know if you require further assistance and we are here to help you.

If I'm able to help you today, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information. 

Best regards,

Hannah