Forum Discussion

Zoya
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Why Meal allowance change the gross amount? MYOB AccountingRight plus

Hi, 

Notsure why when I enter the meal allowance in payroll, gross  amount reduce with same amount for meal allowance?

when I set up emplyee card, in meal allowance -Type of wages, I have sellected Hourly and under wages information, I have sellected -Fixed hourly Rate- not sure if this is correct?

each week, emplyee's meal allowance is different amoun, I need to manualy enter the amount.

could someone please help?  

Thank you

Zoya

• Hi Zoya

Thank you for your post. I would recommend checking to see if the wage category created for the meal allowance has Automatically Adjust Base Hourly or Base salary details option ticked. If it does, this is why the gross would be adjusting as when this option is selected and amounts are entered the base/salary amount will adjust automatically. You'll need to untick this. 

Do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Zoya

Thank you for your post. I would recommend checking to see if the wage category created for the meal allowance has Automatically Adjust Base Hourly or Base salary details option ticked. If it does, this is why the gross would be adjusting as when this option is selected and amounts are entered the base/salary amount will adjust automatically. You'll need to untick this. 

Do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Zoya
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Melisa,

it worked.

much appreciated

Zoya