Forum Discussion

TAGCRU
Contributing User
5 months ago
Solved

Cost Centres - use Categories or Job Codes

I would like to set up cost centres for different teams within my organisation.  Is it best to use categories or job codes for this?

I want to track revenue and income for each team and be able to report on both individual team performance as well as at a consolidated organisational level.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi TAGCRU,

Thank you for your post.

Both categories and job codes can be used to set up cost centers, but the choice between the two depends on your specific needs and how your organization operates.

I'll provide you with the articles below that should provide insights into using categories versus job codes, helping you make a decision that aligns with your organizational goals.

Additionally, it's advisable to consult with your accountant to ensure that the chosen setup aligns with your business objectives and financial reporting requirements.

Please feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi TAGCRU,

Thank you for your post.

Both categories and job codes can be used to set up cost centers, but the choice between the two depends on your specific needs and how your organization operates.

I'll provide you with the articles below that should provide insights into using categories versus job codes, helping you make a decision that aligns with your organizational goals.

Additionally, it's advisable to consult with your accountant to ensure that the chosen setup aligns with your business objectives and financial reporting requirements.

Please feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess