Forum Discussion

LL2113
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

how to add account name to the dropdown list

Good morning,

If anyone would advise me how to add account name to the drop down list (RED Circle in the attachment), I did add throught click new, but not appearing on there.If there is cents left on invoice when customer shortpaid of cents, I just want to clear it off from outstanding invoices list and the remaining go to like account name called rounding up/Clearing off.   Thanks in advance.  Hope this make sense to you.

• Hi LL2113 

Thanks for your post. Only asset and liability accounts with the Account type Bank or Credit Card will appear in the Deposit to/Pay from account field. You can write off shortpaid amounts by ticking the Undeposited funds box in the Receive payments window and apply the full amount to the invoice, including the shortpaid amount.

Then go to Banking>>Prepare Bank Deposit>>tick the Receive payments transaction and click on Deposit Adjustment. In the Bank and Deposit adjustments window enter the shortpaid amount in the Fees and Cash back section and select the applicable Rounding & Adjustment account, click Record. There will now be a negative transaction for the shortpaid amount. Tick that and check that the Total Deposit Amount equals the actual amount paid, click Record.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LL2113 

Thanks for your post. Only asset and liability accounts with the Account type Bank or Credit Card will appear in the Deposit to/Pay from account field. You can write off shortpaid amounts by ticking the Undeposited funds box in the Receive payments window and apply the full amount to the invoice, including the shortpaid amount.

Then go to Banking>>Prepare Bank Deposit>>tick the Receive payments transaction and click on Deposit Adjustment. In the Bank and Deposit adjustments window enter the shortpaid amount in the Fees and Cash back section and select the applicable Rounding & Adjustment account, click Record. There will now be a negative transaction for the shortpaid amount. Tick that and check that the Total Deposit Amount equals the actual amount paid, click Record.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LL2113
      Experienced User

Tracey, thank you so much for solving my questions.