Forum Discussion

normbay1
Contributing User
2 years ago

Account not in dropdown

I had to create a new Income account for a new sale.

When I try to find that account in the dropdown on the invoice form, it does not show up!

I can see it in the Chart of Accounts.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi normbay1 

Is the account inactive by chance? This can be checked by going to the Chat of accounts and selecting the required account before reviewing if the Inactive account option is ticked.

The only other thing that I can think of is that the account is a header account, which is an account solely for reporting and account structure reasons. Only detail accounts can have transactions recorded against them. This is check the same way as the inactive account option however by checking the Account category option instead. 

normbay1
      Contributing User

I had to exit myob and wait awhile for the new account to be available.

What is the guidance on this sort of delay?

Why does it occur and how long should one expect myob to be inoperative after adding an account?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi normbay1 

That situation is not something that I have personally encountered with my own system. The only thing that I could think could have occurred, and it's unlikely, is that you have opened the transaction window, noticed that account was not listed and opened a new tab to add that account. As the account is not listed in the original transaction window when you first opened the window it would still not be listed until you have refreshed the page.

In saying that, my recommendation would be to clear your browser's cache in case the information was being stored incorrectly by that.