Forum Discussion

13 days ago
Solved

Unable to run leave entitlements balance report for payroll using Next Year (FY25) dropdown

The entitlement balance detail report is not showing an option to run Next Year (FY25)

The payroll crosses the end of financial year so we need to establish what entitlements employees have up to Sunday this week

The options are

This Year (FY 2024)

Last Year (FY 2023)

Selecting a date doesn't help

• Hi there Tonybloke

It sounds like you're looking to generate the entitlement balance detail report for FY 2024-2025 but not finding the option. To ensure the report reflects the current financial year, let's first check the settings in your file. You can do this by going to Setup > Company Information. There, you'll find the current financial year set for your file. If it's not showing FY 2024-2025, you might need to update it accordingly. Once that's done, you should be able to run the report with the correct year selection. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

Doreen

4 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Tonybloke

It sounds like you're looking to generate the entitlement balance detail report for FY 2024-2025 but not finding the option. To ensure the report reflects the current financial year, let's first check the settings in your file. You can do this by going to Setup > Company Information. There, you'll find the current financial year set for your file. If it's not showing FY 2024-2025, you might need to update it accordingly. Once that's done, you should be able to run the report with the correct year selection. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

Doreen

DLMEM
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen

I am having the same problem, the company information has FY2024. As there are not closing payroll years anymore, how do I update this to payroll

FY2025, without close the financial year.

Thanks

Donna

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there DLMEM

You can only generate reports for the current financial year if their file is already on the current year. If not, they will need to speak to their accountant or financial advisor to make they're ready to roll over to the current financial year. If there's anything you need assistance with, don't hesitate to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen

DLMEM
      Contributing User

Thanks Doreen, I contact MYOB via the phone as I had payroll today. You can run a payroll in 2025 financial year, without rolling the FY24. I had this issue last year, MYOB suggested I run a zero payroll to fix the entitlement report error. Which worked. With MYOB removing the closing a payroll year from the options, this is causing the entitlement report error, as there is no option for FY25, only FY23 and FY24. Hope this post helps other who have had this issue processing payroll FY25.