Forum Discussion

ozeami
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago

Total Columns on Invoice Incorrectly Calculated

We are using MYOB AccountRight Premier Version AU2023.11.0 BUILD 2023.11.1.7 using an online file. 

Have found an issue with an invoice that seems to be getting corrupted in the system. 

The totals that are worked out on the total AUD and Total USD columns don't match the unit price!! The invoice is a USD invoice. 

This is the first time we have seen such an issue. The only action that seems to fix the issue is by deleting the unit price in USD and retyping a different price and then retping the original price again. If we delete the original price and simply type in the original price again the totals still stay incorrect. 

See attached photo.

8 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ozeami

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. I appreciate your detailed description of the issue you're experiencing with the invoice total calculations. If your multi-currency is still calculated incorrectly, we recommend updating it by going to Setup> Preferences. You may check out this helpful article: Working with Multiple Currencies. This article provides detailed steps on how to work with multiple currencies in MYOB software. It should guide you on how to update the multi-currency function on the software and correct any multi-currency calculation issues on your end.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply.

Kind regards,

Shella

ozeami
      Experienced Cover User

Shella_A 

This was a bug in the software. Had nothing to do with setup of multiple currencies. We are very familiar with using the software and the multiple currency feature and have been doing so for 20+ years. 

The total column in in the invoices rows were not being calculated correctly. Instead the invoice had to be deleted and recreated for the invoice to calculate correctly. 

This was some sort of database, software issue. 

As you can see in the screenshot 30x USD$100.24 is not being shown as USD$3,007.20. Instead it is the AUD value being shown in the USD column and even that is not in the correct exchange rate. And the AUD column is converting the Incorrect AUD value again and generating some incorrect value for the total invoice in AUD. 

USD$3,007.20 does not equal AUD$7,104. I would have thought this is pretty simple to deduce. 

Whereas the system is converting $3,007.20 to AUD and then converting it again for a second time. This is what seems to be happening at some random FX rate. We had to delete this invoice and re-create it to get rid of the issue but this was definitely a bug. 

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ozeami

Thanks for the response. 

I understand how updating muti-currency will be some work. However, checking and updating this will fix any currency issues with your AccountRight transactions. We appreciate your patience with this. If you still need assistance with this, please don’t hesitate to reply, as we’re always delighted to assist you further.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella