Forum Discussion

Ggastro
Experienced Cover User
11 days ago

How to look at accounts

Silly question- have just downgraded to Business Lite from AccountRight.

How do I open an account (PAYG Payable,etc) in this online product?

6 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Ggastro ,

You can view all the categories that are already set up by going to the Accounting menu and selecting Categories (Chart of Accounts). Please see the attached image for reference. I also recommend visiting this help page for more information: Categories (Chart of accounts)

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

Regards,
    Earl

Ggastro
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks, I had found that.

However, how do  I then open the account to see transactions. For example I have a credit card payment in my Bank feed, and want to look at the credit card liability account to see what transactions have already been entered., and which need to be entered as new expenses, or accounted for as drawings where personal

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Ggastro,

You can find the information you need in the bank transactions. To open the account and see the transactions, go to the Bank Transactions page, locate the credit card payment in your bank feed, and click on the transaction to open it. This will allow you to view the associated transactions within the credit card liability account, enabling you to review which transactions have already been entered and identify new expenses or personal drawings that need to be accounted for.

Regards,
        Earl

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Ggastro

You can also take a look at the Find Transactions window that enables you to view the transactions that were entered to each account. To check it, go to Banking > Find Transactions > Select Debits and credits. Feel free to post again if you require further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen