Forum Discussion

Debbie-KEAD
Experienced Cover User
19 days ago

Opening Balance Accrued Annual Leave in error

The closing balance on The Entitlement Balance (Detail) Report for FY23 for 1 employee does not match the opening balance on this report for FY24.

This employee did have a payout of Unused Annual Leave in January 2023 and the Entitlement report correctly reflected this and the EOFY balance was correct.  At the start of FY24 the figure reported on the Entitlement Balance detail report was different.  EOFY23 Balance 26/6/23 was 67.23 hours and the Opening balance 04/07/23 shows 252.37 hours.

How would this happen and how do we correct it.

3 Replies

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Debbie-KEAD,

To assist you with the correction of your data file, we kindly request that you submit a support case through MyAccount for a Data File Repair (DFR).

When submitting your case, please ensure to include the following information for each employee that requires correction:

1. Employee's Name
    2. Date of Termination
    3. Date of Reinstatement
    4. Expected Leave Balances for each Entitlement Accrual category (e.g., personal leave, annual leave)
    5. Type of Leave needing correction. If the employee has long service leave, please indicate whether this also requires correction. By default, we will correct personal leave and annual leave.

Additionally, please attach any relevant screenshots that will help us understand the issue better.

Once you've submitted your support case with the required details, our team will be able to proceed with the necessary corrections.

Regards,

Sai

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Debbie-KEAD,

No worries; let's get this sorted out for you. If I may ask, has the employee been terminated before and then reinstated afterwards? If so, you can check the Entitlement Balance Detail report for the employee and check if there's any difference between each entitlement. You can also attach a screenshot of the report so I can check it as well. Make sure to remove any sensitive information before posting in the forum. I'm looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen

Debbie-KEAD
      Experienced Cover User

Doreen

The employee ended his Apprenticeship and was then employed as a Licenced Electrician.  This meant we paid out his unused annual leave at that time.  That was in January 23.  

Attached are 2 reports FY23 and FY24 Entitlement Reports for this employee.  I have highlighted where he changed from Apprentice to Electrician and you can see that his Unused Annual Leave was paid out.  The end of year balance for him was correct.

At the start of FY24, the balance reported on the Entitlement Report was different from the balance shown at the end of FY23.