2 years ago
Done

duplicated invoice numbers

Any idea when we have the option in setting to warn when a duplicated sale/purchase invoice no. is used?

This has been requested since last year.

cheers

17 Comments

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Done

Hi Everyone

When creating, editing or viewing an invoice in the Browser interface, users will be warned if the invoice number being used is a duplicate of an existing invoice number.

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi hershmit,

Thank you for the post and for providing the information to our fellow users. I'll be closing this thread now and if anyone needs help, please feel free to post in our Community Forum.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

• I'm using Accountright and tried to enter a bill knowing it is already in the system but got no warning that it is a duplicate. When I queried with support, I was told that it is possible on AccountRight software but not on the browser?? - this was today 04 October 2023.

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DebbieGibson

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are glad to have you here. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your feedback and helpful insights with the Community Forum. We regret that you are facing issues with the preference of warning for duplicate bills, and we are thankful for your patience and understanding as we work to address your concern. 

Our development team is still investigating and working on a permanent fix for this issue, but we do not have a timeframe for when it will be resolved. Should this situation be resolved, it would be included in the AccountRight Blog Article.  We have added your interest in getting that resolved. Thank you once again for your continued support and understanding.

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

• It does not inform you in MYOB Business/Essentials.  This was requested to be added to Essentials back in 2017.

I guess you can't rush these things.

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi colleenWatson

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for any difficulties you are still experiencing due to the absence of this function.

We strive hard to make sure that we provide the best experience for our customers and your feedback helps us. We value your patience and understanding during this time. As for the option to warn of duplicate invoice numbers, we will make sure to post necessary updates if the feature is released. Thank you again for your understanding and continued support. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. We are always here to provide support and guidance on the forum.  

Cheers,  
    Leneth

JRW
    Experienced Cover User

I think what is requested is when entering invoices from suppliers - if the suppliers invoice number is entered in twice there should be a warning.  Its not OUR invoice numbers.