Forum Discussion

rachelstephens
Contributing User
7 months ago

GJ Sequencing

Hi there

Our GJ sequencing has become misaligned. We have tried overriding and manually entering the new GJ number but it did not work and always reverts to the same number which is not in the sequence. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated please!

Thank you

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi rachelstephens,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand that you are having difficulty with your General Journal sequence, and you have tried to manually enter the new General Journal number, but it always goes back to the same number which is not the sequence. To get the General Journal number back into alignment, you would need to find out what number you want it to be and then manually overtype the number to be the required one. Once that has been entered, please enter another transaction with the next number sequence. AccountRight should then pick the sequence.  

If you have already done the process and it is still not working, we suggest clearing your AccountRight cache and then trying to enter the correct sequence. 

Please let us know if you still require any further assistance with this. We are happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi rachelstephens,

I hope this message finds you well. I would just like to check back with you regarding your concern. Please let me know if you still need assistance with this. We are more than happy to assist. 

Thanks, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi rachelstephens,

Please be informed that we will be closing the thread now. Feel free to create a new post again if you have other questions or concerns. We are happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Cel

rachelstephens
      Contributing User

Hi there

Following the cache clearing instructions, our cache file is not located as suggested in the steps. Any idea where we could find it?

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi rachelstephens,

Thank you for your post and for getting back to us and providing an update. 

Regarding your concern, could you please confirm that when you follow the steps in clearing the AccountRight cache, you are referring to your cache folder which is missing when you try to open the AccountRight Folder? If yes, when you open the AccountRight folder and when you open the version folder you will then see the cache folder. May I know if you received an error message when you were trying to clear your AccountRight cache? To better assist you with this, could you please provide me with more details so we can investigate? 

Kind Regards, 

Cel