4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Header Account with Account Balance but No Detailed Accounts

Hi, 

I have found an expense account that appears to be Header Account which it has no detailed accounts underneath it, but it somehow shows a credit balance of - $31,904.60.   Photo below.  All the accounts below it are not indented and aren't linked to this account. 

How is this possible?  How can I tell what transactions make up this balance or where this balance has come from?

Thanks,Office Supplies 6-4900.png

4 REPLIES 4
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Header Account with Account Balance but No Detailed Accounts

Hi @BrookeA

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I see that you're having an issue with the opening balance in your file. We've tried to resolve this by refreshing the account values on our end. If the problem still exists, please follow these additional steps:

1. Make a backup of your file. 
  2. Click the arrow next to the header account.
  3. Change the Header account to a Detail account.
  4. Under the Details tab change the Tax Code to N-T
  5. Click OK
  6. Click the arrow next to the header account.
  7. Change the Detail Account to a Header account.
  8. Select the first account that should be under the header account and click Down.
  9. Using the Down button move all other accounts that should be under the header account.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please visit myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to access MOCA, our virtual assistant. MOCA can provide immediate help and if needed, you'll be transferred to our live chat team.

Let us know if you require any other assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,024 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,024Posts

913Kudos

638Solutions

Hi @BrookeA 

I hope the suggestion by @Genreve_S  resolves your issue. 

Note step 1 - this is very important and if your file is online it can take up to 45 mins to make a backup - depending on file size. Do not abort or cancel the backup. Many users do this and then cannot log into their file with a 'backup in progress ' message.

The reason this is important is that the steps outlined may solve the issue, or they may make it worse. The problem you have was caused by some one changing accounts from header to detail and vice versa. There are bugs in the code and MYOB does not handle this properly in certain cases. MYOB does not update header accounts properly when detail accounts are moved around - in certain circumstances.

Please update this post to advise how you got on.

In my opinion this file needs to be repaired by MYOB (or others). While you may fix this header balance, it is likely the detail accounts that originally made up this balance are now under a different header account - which may also have the wrong balance.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
BrookeA
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Genreve_S, 

I followed your advice and did steps 1-5 and this seemed to fix the issue and the balance of the detail account went back to Zero.  I suspect this was either an old detailed account that had accidentally been made a header account or was an old header account that no longer had any detailed accounts.  Once I made it a detailed account, I was able to delete the account as it had no history. 

Thanks,

Brooke

BrookeA
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin, all fixed now, please see my reply to Genreve_S.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post