Forum Discussion

Ravinder
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

How to lodge BAS with negative amount

Hi

Can anyone please guide how to lodge BAS with negative tax paid?

I purchased some materials of amount $476  on 30/11/21 and I have claimed GST in BAS for that period (Oct-Dec 2021). But after a few days, I found that the material is not good and I request the supplier to issue a credit note or refund the full amount. I received the refund for the whole amount on January 2022 and I entered the credit note as a reversal purchase. 

Please advise how can I lodge my BAS for Jan-March 2022 because it shows a negative amount as tax paid (attached snapshot). Also, the ATO site doesn't go further with a negative purchase amount. there is no sale for this period.

Thanks 

Ravinder

• Hi Ravinder 

Thanks for your post. As you're lodging your BAS through the ATO portal we're not able to assist with how to enter that negative amount. You will need to contact the ATO with regards to this to ensure it is reported correctly.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ravinder 

Thanks for your post. As you're lodging your BAS through the ATO portal we're not able to assist with how to enter that negative amount. You will need to contact the ATO with regards to this to ensure it is reported correctly.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Ravinder
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your advice.

Kind Regards

Ravinder