Forum Discussion

rbray
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Splitting 1 GL account into seperate GL accounts

Splitting 1 GL code/account into seperate GL accounts... (E.g. Printing, Postage & Stationery is one GL code, I want to seperate them into 3 GL codes/accounts)

Is it possible? What should I know before going ahead? 

I'm new to MYOB (AccountRight). 

TIA

• Hi rbray 

AccountRight doesn't have the ability to split accounts into two different accounts. 

In saying that, depending on the purpose you may want to look at deciding on what portion of the current balance is attributed to what account. You would then be able to record a journal entry to separate that amount between TWO (or more) NEW accounts. We do recommend speaking to your accounting advisor about that but Help Article: Recording a journal entry. This will keep the original transactions intact but move across the balance to those two (or more) new accounts.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi rbray 

AccountRight doesn't have the ability to split accounts into two different accounts. 

In saying that, depending on the purpose you may want to look at deciding on what portion of the current balance is attributed to what account. You would then be able to record a journal entry to separate that amount between TWO (or more) NEW accounts. We do recommend speaking to your accounting advisor about that but Help Article: Recording a journal entry. This will keep the original transactions intact but move across the balance to those two (or more) new accounts.

rbray
      Experienced User

Thanks so much for your prompt reply, Steve. Much appreciated.