Forum Discussion

Julz1
Contributing User
3 years ago

TPAR File Transfer Error Message ATO

Hi there, upon test lodging a previous year's TPAR file downloaded from a client's MYOB, I have receive the following TEST FAILED message - What does this mean & how do I fix the file for a successful lodgement please??

Validation status: Test failed 

File size (bytes): 23238

File sent by: Juliana

Reason: Please contact your software developer. The file size is not a correct multiple of the record length.

========================END OF REPORT==================

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Julz1
    Contributing User

Hi, can someone from MYOB help? This is urgent as the ATO is chasing an overdue TPAR and we are unable to lodge as it fails the file transfer...

• Hi Julz1 

Thanks for your post. That error typically indicates there are invalid characters in the TPAR file. This can be caused by manually changing the TPAR file or invalid characters entered into Supplier cards.

If your company file is online we can run a diagnostic script to check for invalid characters in Supplier cards. To run that script I'll need you to send me the following information:

• last FOUR digits of the serial number
    • Company file ID (Help>>About MYOB AccountRight)
      Julz1
      Contributing User

Hi, unfortunately I don't believe that I have the authority to provide this info as I am not the MYOB owner, I am their Accountant. Is there a quick way I can check for invalid characters? Please give instructions on how to do this.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Julz1 

Check the supplier cards for invalid characters entered into the address or company name fields. Also make sure the file isn't being emailed or copy/pasted to a USB etc as this can change the file size.

Please let me know how you go.