Forum Discussion

2 years ago

TPAR REPORT FAILED TO LODGE

I have attempted to lodge the TPAR report produced from MYOB AccountRight Premier 2022.4.0 on the Tax Agent's Portal several times. The lodgement fails each time. There is no error message just a notification that the File failed to load. Select Lodge file to try again.  Is this a MYOB Problem or an ATO problem?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LindaF8 

My understanding is that when a TPAR is logged, if there is a failure it should be producing an error of some description to alert you to what the trouble may be. Without an error to follow up on, it'll be difficult to say for sure what the cause is.

If you're still having failures with no errors, I would recommend contacting the ATO to see if their teams can look into the reason why it is failing and provide you some error details or let you know the resolution.

If you do get some error details later, please let us know so we can look into solving the trouble.

Gabsta
    Contributing User

I am having the same issue. when i look back through the community the same issue was happening in 2019. i tried all the recommendations to solve the problem but still keep getting the same error.

"Line 408. Please contact your software developer. The file contains an illegal character at the end of the last record"

LRBooks61
      Ultimate Cover User

hi

Just a suggestion

The error says that there is an illegal charater in the last record

I would go to the last record and make sure that nothing jumps out at you as wrong and then go to the end of the fields and do a few deletes to get rid of any spaces that may be there

Lisa

Gabsta
        Contributing User

all sorted. i sent the file to my IT guy and he found the error in a suppliers address. its a bit hard when you have a couple of hundred of them to pin it down.