Bank feed not showing a specific transaction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sanditine
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank feed not showing a specific transaction

Hoping someone can help.  The bank statement shows a reversal (reimbursed by the bank) but the bank feed hasn't picked up this transaction.  We've looked at the current, approved and hidden and it's not in any of these.  Where can we pick it up to match the bank account?  We've tried to manually add through the bank feed window but this doesn't allow for correctly reconciliation it seems.

Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Bank feed not showing a specific transaction

Hi @Sanditine 

Thanks for your post. Bank feeds is a tool that makes reconciliations easier by automatically ticking the matched AccountRight transactions in the Reconcile accounts window. In the situation where you've got one bank feed missing, you can manually reconcile the AccountRight transaction in the Reconcile accounts window by ticking it.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sanditine
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey 

I think it may be the other way around, but not at my computer at the moment though so I can't test it yet.  The bank has the correct details but one of those entries isn't making it through to MYOB for some reason. So there is nothing showing to reconcile on that page. 

Cheers Tania
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sanditine 

It's the AccountRight transactions that are reconciled in the Reconcile Accounts window and included in business data. In the Bank feeds window the bank feed transactions are matched to AccountRight transactions which are then automatically ticked in the Reconcile Accounts window. If you click on New in the Bank feeds window an AccountRight transaction is recorded.

When it's one bank feed transaction missing the quickest way to fix it is manually record the AccountRight transaction. When you reconcile the account in the Reconcile Accounts window, enter the closing balance from the bank statement into the Closing Statement Balance field and tick the manually recorded AccountRight transaction. 

The other option is to send me a private message with the following information and I will raise a ticket with our bank feeds team to have it looked into and that transaction sent to your file:

• serial number
  • Company file ID (Help>>About MYOB AccountRight)
  • primary contact name
  • screenshot of the bank statement
  • screenshot of the Bank feeds window
  • details of the missing transaction

Depending on the type of payment that was reimbursed you may need to reverse the original AccountRight payment transaction to match with the bank feed or to manually reconcile. If you can give me some details I'll be happy to help with how to handle that transaction.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post