Forum Discussion

Anewbee
Experienced Cover User
23 days ago
Solved

Duplicate cheque number in Spend Money

Good Afternoon

I entered the credit card transactions into spend money, then after checking the bank register it shows I have two records with the same cheque number. One record says void and the other record has charged the amount. Will this affect anything or do I need to change anything? If this helps, while in the spend money, I removed a line because I noticed that I had entered it twice, could this have caused the problem… Look forward to hearing your advice.

Thank you:)

• Hi Anewbee

Thanks for getting back to me. From what we've discussed, it looks like you'll need to re-enter one of the transactions.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to start a new thread.

Thanks,
    Genreve

7 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Anewbee

Thanks for posting your concern. 

The Bank Register window is designed to streamline the creation of various transaction types in a single interface. As such, it's hard to pinpoint the exact source of the duplicate spend money transaction without more information.

However, rest assured that voiding the spend money transaction will not impact any ledger accounts, and therefore, won't affect your file.

Please feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve 

Anewbee
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Genreve_S 

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Just to clarify, I have included a screenshot. Also I didn’t void the spend money record, unless I did it accidently without realising. Just wondering do I still need to void the cheque no:256 and reenter another record for the credit card transactions or just leave it as it is?

Thank you

Anewbee 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Anewbee

Thanks for the response.

As it stands, you won't need to alter anything. However, if you wish to clear up the information in bank register screen, you can open the bank register window. click the blue arrow next to the void transaction and delete it. Doing this will also not affect the ledger as void transactions do not contain any value. This will ultimately depend on your preference. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,
        Genreve