Outstanding Cheques & Deposits

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
krundle
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Outstanding Cheques & Deposits

I have outstanding cheques and deposits showing on current bank reconciliations from March 2020 but is showing as cleared in March 2020, i have tried to undo reconciliations back to 2019 but then i am out of balance for the difference of the March 20 Cheques/Deposits. I can only balance from March 2020 but then those transactions in question do not appear on the reconcilaition screen I hope i have explained this correctly it is just very frustrating

4 REPLIES 4
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Outstanding Cheques & Deposits

Hi @krundle 

Welcome to the Community Forum!!

Similar issues have been reported in the past which were caused due to a glitch in the reports. So we can confirm that's the issue, can you please do the following:

1. Check the Last Reconciled date on Reconcile Accounts window.
  2. Go to Reports > Banking > Cheques and Deposits > Reconciliation Report
  3.  Select Advanced Filters
  4.  Select Individual bank account > OK
  5.  Select Change Entered Statement Date to List of Recorded Statement Dates and Run Report
  6. Click on Statement Date to see all statement dates

If the latest date on this report does not match the last reconciled date on the reconcile accounts window, that means there is an issue with the report. In order to correct it, take a backup of your file, and

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts
  2. Enter a fake date after the latest statement date: e.g. 01/08/2023. Ignore the message about the transaction being future-dated.
  3. Enter the Calculated Statement Balance into the Closing Statement Balance field, so that the Out of Balance is $0.00
  4. Press the Reconcile button. This should then allow you to undo the 'fake' reconciliation and any other future dated transactions and the transactions should show up for you to reconcile again.

Let us know how you go on.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

krundle
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi i have tried this but unfortunately no help, i have tried undoing 18mnths of bank rec's but the transactions in question do not appear in the reconcile screen to be ticked off.

I have undone reconciliations prior to the dates of these transactions and then i am just out of balance prior to them so i cannot reconcile each month i have to reconcile up to that date (i.e i have undone back to say May 2019 but then i am out of balance each month so i have to balance from March 2020)

I hope i am explaining this correctly.

TIA

krundle
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Komal_S 

Hi i have tried this but unfortunately no help, i have tried undoing 18mnths of bank rec's but the transactions in question do not appear in the reconcile screen to be ticked off.

I have undone reconciliations prior to the dates of these transactions and then i am just out of balance prior to them so i cannot reconcile each month i have to reconcile up to that date (i.e i have undone back to say May 2019 but then i am out of balance each month so i have to balance from March 2020)

I hope i am explaining this correctly.

TIA

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @krundle 

In that case, can you please send me a screenshot of the Reconcile Accounts window and the last reconciled date on the Reconciliation report by a Private Message so we can investigate this further?

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post