Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Outstanding Cheques & Deposits

I have outstanding cheques and deposits showing on current bank reconciliations from March 2020 but is showing as cleared in March 2020, i have tried to undo reconciliations back to 2019 but then i a...
    4 years ago

Hi krundle 

Welcome to the Community Forum!!

Similar issues have been reported in the past which were caused due to a glitch in the reports. So we can confirm that's the issue, can you please do the following:

1. Check the Last Reconciled date on Reconcile Accounts window.
    2. Go to Reports > Banking > Cheques and Deposits > Reconciliation Report
    3.  Select Advanced Filters
    4.  Select Individual bank account > OK
    5.  Select Change Entered Statement Date to List of Recorded Statement Dates and Run Report
    6. Click on Statement Date to see all statement dates

If the latest date on this report does not match the last reconciled date on the reconcile accounts window, that means there is an issue with the report. In order to correct it, take a backup of your file, and

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts
    2. Enter a fake date after the latest statement date: e.g. 01/08/2023. Ignore the message about the transaction being future-dated.
    3. Enter the Calculated Statement Balance into the Closing Statement Balance field, so that the Out of Balance is $0.00
    4. Press the Reconcile button. This should then allow you to undo the 'fake' reconciliation and any other future dated transactions and the transactions should show up for you to reconcile again.

Let us know how you go on.