Forum Discussion

Diana7
User
23 days ago
Solved

Owners Personal Expenses

Hi  Can someone please tell me if an owner uses his business account for all personal payments. How do you allocate this? Accountant said it should all be consultancy fees. I just need to know what ...
    Princess_R
    22 days ago

Hi Diana7,

Thanks for your response.

It's great to hear that you've already had a discussion with the accountant about this matter! Distinguishing between business and personal expenses is crucial for accurate financial reporting, especially when it comes to filing your BAS.

Understanding what falls under business and personal categories is a big step, and now it's all about implementing the right setup in MYOB to reflect that distinction. I'll share some related inquiries from the Community Forum posts that I've checked, which should offer you some helpful guidance:

Additionally, you may also find this Help article, Expenses for Business and Private Use, which may provide guidance. However, it is always recommended to speak with your accountant.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess