Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Payby - Who has made a payment?

Hi, In my bank statement the only reference i have for a payment is the following:

MYOB PAYBY MYOB000004

How can i tell who made the payment and for which invoice? I did not recieve an email from MYOB regarding the payment which i do for credit card payments

Thanks

George

• Hi  George35

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! You should be able to run the Online invoice payments report which has a summary of invoices and their settlement status, as well as details of the invoice payments that have already been deposited to assist reconciliation. Our help article Online invoice payment reports has further information on this. 

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi  George35

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! You should be able to run the Online invoice payments report which has a summary of invoices and their settlement status, as well as details of the invoice payments that have already been deposited to assist reconciliation. Our help article Online invoice payment reports has further information on this. 

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

George35
      User

Thanks Melisa. I have a follow up question however:

Everythign as described below happens except for step 3. The item is still in my bank feed and i cannot match it to any transacations. I even went into Prepare Bank deposits and record the transactions but still nothing...

When a customer makes an online payment, it'll automatically be recorded into AccountRight, and the associated invoice will be closed off. You'll also receive an email notification about the payment.

Providing you've specified the bank account to record your online invoice payments as described in 'Get set up' above (Setup > Preferences> Emailing tab > Edit payment options), here's how it'll work:

1. The individual payments you receive for a day, along with any credit card surcharges, will be recorded in your Undeposited Funds account.
      2. A bank deposit will then be automatically created to include all undeposited funds that were settled.
      3. If you use bank feeds, the lump sum deposit for the day's customer payments will be automatically matched to the bank deposit.
        Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi George35

Thanks for the update. If it hasn't been automatically matched are you able to match it manually ? Does it work ?

If not, can you please attach a screenshot of the unmatched transaction.