Forum Discussion

JO198
Contributing User
30 days ago

Removing an open bill that has already been matched and allocated

Hi,

I need to remove this overdue bill for BP. It is a double up. It has already been matched and allocated to motor expenses account.

It is in a locked period. I can have it unlocked by a senior colleague but just need to know what to do with it from there so it doesn't mess with reports.

Thanks

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JO198,

Thank you for your post and for providing the screenshot of the bill. Whether it's a bill, quote, or order, deleting a purchase is easy—open the purchase, go to the Edit menu, and choose Delete Purchase. You can also right-click in the purchase window and select the delete option.

Please note that you can only delete supplier payments that haven’t been reconciled or matched to a bank transaction. If you want to delete a reconciled or matched payment, you need to unreconcile or unmatch it first using the bank reconciliation or bank transactions page. Furthermore, I recommend checking out this helpful article on removing a bill, quote, or order, which will give you full, detailed information and instructions to assist you with this.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella