Forum Discussion

JulieUGG
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Reversed electronic payment too many times

Hi 

I have reversed an electronic payment too many times.  I now have a reversal for an employees pay sitting in Prepare electronic payments and have nothing to offset it against.  If I delete the EP it shows in the bank register as a credit with nothing to match it too and I then cant reconcile the account.

• Hi JulieUGG 

Usually you should be able to reverse that transaction. That being said, I have experienced the same situation with trying to reverse a reversed payroll transaction. The workaround that I have used was to delete the reversals of the electronic payment, clear the AccountRight cache and in theory you would then be able to delete the payroll transaction.

After this has been fixed, you can do a $0 pay dated June 30 to ensure the STP is correct based on the latest values.

If you are still having issues, please upload some screenshots such as the full history of that payment and the reversals from a Bank Register point of view.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      JulieUGG
      Contributing User

Hi

I have tried your suggestions as above but once I remove the negative entries in prepare electronic payments they still show in the bank register and I have nothing to allocate them too.

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JulieUGG 

To help you fix this, could you send me a screenshot of the transactions/reversals that you have? And what transaction do you want to have removed? 

It sounds like there are 2 options to fix this.

1. Delete the latest reversal in the bank register and then work your way back through the reversals. 

2. Do a reversal of the latest reversal and this will allow you to match these to each other. Then reverse the transaction in the Prepare Electronic Payments window so you can send these both to the Bank Register. 

It will involve ticking and unticking this box in between the different steps: Setup>>Preferences>>Transactions CAN’T be Changed; They Must be Reversed.