Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight Crashes When Exporting Purchases

Hi

In AccountRight, am exporting purchases (item purchases), separating using Tabs (include field headers). Each time I have tried to Export MYOB crashes. Have tried both online and on desktop.

Have attached the ErrorLog - tried to export 3 times on Library desktop and 2 times Online last Friday and 1 time this morning on desktop.

MYOB Error Msg.png

16 REPLIES 16
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,024 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,024Posts

913Kudos

638Solutions

Re: AccountRight Crashes When Exporting Purchases

Hi @CropServ 

The error message you are getting indicates that the file might be over 4 GB in size (max file size). 

Is your file online or offline. If offline check the file size in Library. If online try to make a backup and restore locally to check file size.

Note this company MYOX Services can reduce your file size by purging data if this is the issue.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
CropServ
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Gavin

Thanks for your reply.

The file size is 4185408KB in the Library, so just of 4 GB.

Thanks for the link. Is there any way we could purge the transactions ourselves?

Regards

Michaela

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,024 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,024Posts

913Kudos

638Solutions

Hi @CropServ 

With AR2024 MYOB decided purging was no longer necessary, so the feature was never included in this version.

Your only option is to use a 3rd party purge service (which can be expensive) or start a new file (which can take a long time to setup).

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
CropServ
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi again Gavin.

Well this gets a little more confusing. I didn't think our file was that large.

As you can see we have 2 backups, one from last week is over the 4GB, am sure last week I did not see it was this large. This file, although backed up after the 2024 version came out, was asking me to upgrade the file to the 2024 version this morning, even though I was using it last Friday. The backup done today is only 375104kb. 

Have tried exporting again and have the same crash occurring.

MYOB file size.png

MYOB file size.png
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,024 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,024Posts

913Kudos

638Solutions

Hi @CropServ 

Very weird! I suggest you open the smaller file (mar 2024) locally and try the export from the file in the Library. Let us know if your are able to export when file is local. Also check the file size after exporting locally.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
CropServ
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Gavin

I have just been provided some further information from 'myoxservices'.

When they did some testing on the backup file the file size grows. There are no additional records in the file so it is unclear why the file size is growing.

They did detect an error in the Office Expenses Header Total. As at the end of January this did not occur. Have checked our online file and and the Office Expenses Total is incorrect, a balance of $8,877.63 is still showing when I move the detail accounts up (there are no detail accounts listed under the Header). Not sure what this is made up of.

Am running another Export for another error message that comes up at the end.

CropServ
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi again Gavin.

The export has crashed again. Attached the error list, the error message box that comes up after clicking close.

Have tried the export 3 times today and the file size has increased.

Not sure how to fix the Office Expenses header total in the Accounts List as I can't see where it is getting the extra $8,877.63. Checked the January report for Office Expenses and that was correct. When running a P&L for February the Office Expenses total is correct, same with March. When running a GL Detail report for the Details Accounts the totals also appear correct, none of the Detail Accounts contain the amount of $8,877.63.

MYOB file size 2024 Mar04 1918pm.png

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,024 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,024Posts

913Kudos

638Solutions

Hi @CropServ 

I suspect the office expense header issue is unrelated. These errors happen often and MYOB have a script to fix.

It file size issue is more important - critical. That the file size is increasing by a factor of 10 simply by running an export is a worry.  I have tagged a couple of Moderators - hopefully thay can look into this quickly and resolve.

@Princess_R  @Celia_B 

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
CropServ
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you Gavin, hope to hear from them shortly.

We definitely need to fix the increase in file size as a priority and then get the Office Expense Header calculation fixed.

Regards

Michaela

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post