Forum Discussion

AdminT8T
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Change between company files

I know this has alredy been answered that you can change between comapny files without closing down MYOB but can you really dumb it down for me as I am new to MYOB. Can I please have it step by step? Thanks

• Hi AdminT8T 

To open a company file in AccountRight you would:

1. Open the application i.e. select to open AccountRight from your Desktop.
    2. Select Open a Company File.
    3. Navigate to the required file.
    4. Select Open.

If you are currently in a company file and you are looking at opening another file:

1. From within the current company file, go to File>>Open.
    2. Navigate to the required file.
    3. Select Open.

The above series of steps will open the file while closing the current company file. If you are looking at having two company files open at the same time and switch between them you would:

4. Select Open.
    5. Minimise the application (top right - far left button).
    6. Completed Steps 1 - 4 again opening the second file this time within that second instance of the application.

The above process launches two instances of the application so you can open multiple files at one. To switch between those files you would be looking at using the Windows Taskbar to select the required instance of the application/file. Note: There is no way to differentiate the files, so to avoid data being entered into the wrong file you want to ensure that you are opening the required file - company name appears in top left of the screen.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi AdminT8T 

To open a company file in AccountRight you would:

4. Select Open.

If you are currently in a company file and you are looking at opening another file:

1. From within the current company file, go to File>>Open.
    2. Navigate to the required file.
    3. Select Open.

The above series of steps will open the file while closing the current company file. If you are looking at having two company files open at the same time and switch between them you would:

4. Select Open.
    5. Minimise the application (top right - far left button).
    6. Completed Steps 1 - 4 again opening the second file this time within that second instance of the application.

The above process launches two instances of the application so you can open multiple files at one. To switch between those files you would be looking at using the Windows Taskbar to select the required instance of the application/file. Note: There is no way to differentiate the files, so to avoid data being entered into the wrong file you want to ensure that you are opening the required file - company name appears in top left of the screen.

AdminT8T
      Experienced User

Thank you - great step by step instructions!!