Trusted Cover User

131Posts

21Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Data migration after company restructure

Due to a company restructure we need to:

1. create a new subscription to align with new ABN, then
  2. Selectively migrate ALL data from original company file i.e.
  • Chart of Accounts with zero Opening Balances
  • Customer Cards
  • Supplier Cards
  • Employees
  • Payroll Categories
  • Items
  • Customised forms (we use the Desktop version of AccountRight)

IS THIS POSSIBLE??? 

• I have lodged a change of details form renaming the original company (processed, thank you)
  • Subscription for newly formed company (new ABN) now registered with original company name, will be created once I've had this data migration issue clarified
  • I've read the articles re: Importing Exporting data from MYOB, but this approach simply isn't comprehensive enough to support the historical and customised data we need to transfer.

This new company file needs to be created, populated and set up for STP with the ATO before our first pay run in 2024.

I want to make sure there are no transactions linked to financial accounts so we can:

• Rationalize the Chart of Accounts
  • Rationalize Payroll Categories

I lodged an online support request about this (#01523028) on 21/11/23, yet to receive feedback/advice. I called MYOB Support today and after 20 minutes the advisor still had no idea what I was trying to achieve.

PLEASE HELP

4 REPLIES 4
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

912Kudos

636Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Data migration after company restructure

Hi @seqtt 

What you need is the MYOX Clone service - do an online search or email me if you cannot find. The clone service uses your existing AR2023 company file, and removes all account balances, inventory balances and transactions. This leaves you with a file identical in setup to your original file. This is useful when starting a new file or when you sell the business and want to provided the new owners with a MYOB file but without your transactions and balances.

As the cloned file does not have any transactions, you can freely make any changes, such as deleting accounts, cards or items no longer required.

Once you have made the changes required including Company Info, you can set the opening balances and bring in any transactions required. You can then Activate the file with new subscription details.

Much of this can be done with exporting and importing, however this is prone to error and user frustration. Additionally no payroll data can be exported or imported, this means things like payroll categories, employee links, STP assignments etc must all be re-done manually.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
seqtt
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

131Posts

21Kudos

3Solutions

Thanks Gavin, 

That sounds exactly what I need. Will get back to you hopefully to accept this as a solution!

Cheers,

Amanda

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

131Posts

21Kudos

3Solutions

I did exactly as Gavin suggested. (After running it past my accountant and tweaking a few privacy issues re: employees in the backed up file) contacted the a service that can Clone MYOB filess. 40 minutes later and for a gob-smackingly small fee I had everything set in place to satisfy all compliance issues along with a strep by step set of instructions and hints  making the whole process a dream. If an external organisation can do this, perhaps MYOB needs to sharpen their pencil?

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Hi @seqtt,

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback regarding the data migration process after your company's restructure. It's great to hear that you found a solution that worked well for you. We understand the importance of making processes as seamless and efficient as possible for our users.

Thank you once again for your feedback. If you have any other suggestions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post