Forum Discussion

Jacmus
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Financial Year Problem.

I am using Account Right 2022-9-0. The company information is showing  'Current Financial Year - 2021.

How can I move to the current financial year? . I have closed the financial several times but it still won't move.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jacmus 

To close a financial year in AccountRight you would go to File>>Close a financial year.

You mentioned that you are completing this process and it is not changing. This could occur if you are a few years behind the current financial year. As you can only roll one financial year at a time, if you are a few years behind you may have to roll it a few times to get into the current financial year.

Another thing that I have seen is that customers not fully reading or understanding the Close a Financial Year Assistant and changing the last month of the financial year each time they attempt to close the year. 

My recommendation would be to check what is listed in Step 2 of the Close a Financial Year assistant and ensure that you have the appropriate periods selected. Take note of what it is during that and complete that process (making sure you have a backup). Once completed go back in and check that to see what is listed - it should be 1 year later. 

If you are still encountering that same situation, would be good to know what is showing in Step 2 of the Close a Financial Year assistant before and after. Would be keen to know that first line i.e. The financial year you are closing is xxxx, running from xx/xx/xxxx to xx/xx/xxxx.

Jacmus
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you, Steven,

All good now.

When I did the backup, the whole panel would close before allowing me to click the 'Close the Financial Year' button.

Thnk you again.