Forum Discussion

elle6482
Cover User
15 days ago

New to Dashboard (from Windows Desktop) - beginner questions re UEX

Please excuse the basic nature of this question. I am learning my way around the dashboard and trying not to escape back to the old Windows Desktop all the time which I find easier in many ways. (which although not as intuitive is, as many will know, feature rich and so often easier to do stuff).

Question: In the old system one could easily switch around tasks without losing your place between screens or menus using the Command Centre. I find it so frustrating when reconciling that is, if I need to go away to do something elsewhere - when I return I am back at a default screen ('find transation' from memory) and have about three to four actions to perform to get back to the same spot (eg: date has defaulted to today and I have to start the whole process again as in set statement month dates. Even if I 'save' reconciliation work that doesn't save my position. Is this just the nature of the browser workspace? Its such a waste of time. Half the time I retreat back to the old systrem just becuase it might be dumber but its easier. Ive looked for settings or preferences but can't find anything to set to help.

2 Replies

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi elle6482 , you can right click on many options and choose Open in New Tab. This allows you to leave the existing task open.

Also you can move a tab to a new window (right click the tab header), then start opening other tabs. This allows management of multiple open files.

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi elle6482,

I appreciate your post. I get that you're having a tough time with the new online workspace, particularly when you're trying to move between tasks without losing your spot. You're looking for a simpler, quicker way to work. I couldn't disagree with what Mike_James suggested. Absolutely, using the right-click function to open options in a new tab or moving a tab to a new window can indeed be a game-changer. It allows you to keep your current task open while starting others, making it easier to manage multiple files or tasks at once. This method can significantly enhance efficiency and convenience in your workflow.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,
      Shella