Forum Discussion

SueI4
User
10 months ago

Using Thunderbird to send emails from AccountRight

I have used Thunderbird with MYOB until today - when I moved to a new PC.

Suddenly I am forced to use Outlook.   I DO NOT have outlook.  All of our MYOB users use gmail.

I went into MYOB's email settings and there is no longer an option to link external email client.  The only option is to tick or untick the option for using MYOB to send the emails.

If someone is able to explain the new process of using an external email client (ie Thunderbird) that would be wonderful.   I have about 5 years of emails stored in my gmail/thunderbird.

Thanks heaps

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SueI4,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Sorry to hear that you were not able to send an email. To get this sorted, go to Control Panel -> Default Programs ->  Set your default programs and set Thunderbird as your default program then re-open your MYOB and try and resend the email. Make sure Thunderbird is open first before MYOB or else it will prompt a warning every time you send an email.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

SueI4
      User

Hi Earl,

Thank you for taking the time.   Thunderbird was already my default program.   I went back in to double check just in case.

Unfortunately MYOB still tries to open Outlook and asks me to sign in.   I prefer not to use MS products - using open source software when ever I can.

I have found another person also experiencing the same problem so will link this page.

It is very frustrating as we have used Thunderbird for years and MYOB seems to have taken this functionality away - or at the least made it very difficult.  On an aside - I have read that MYOB has gone into cahoots with MS so maybe it's MS trying to force their products through....  

Cheers :)

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SueI4 

Thanks for sharing this to us. I already forward this issue to the corporate department I'll let you know once we have the answer.

Cheers,
        Earl