Forum Discussion

THNSW
Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Can I set up a read only company file under my current subscription?

Hi,

I would like to set up a read only company file to store data for previous year after end of year. I will only view transactions and print report when need. Do I have to buy a new subscription to do it? 

Thanks,

Mei Wang

• THNSW 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

All the information should remain in your file forever.

If really want a year file then make sure you do a backup as part of the Year end Rollover.

You can then restore that year end backup to the desktop and rename the restored file with the year.

That way you will have a yearly file to refer to and your active file as well.

Not sure about how to Restore a file, have a read of the MYOB SUPPORT NOTE  Restore a Company file

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

THNSW 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

All the information should remain in your file forever.

If really want a year file then make sure you do a backup as part of the Year end Rollover.

You can then restore that year end backup to the desktop and rename the restored file with the year.

That way you will have a yearly file to refer to and your active file as well.

Not sure about how to Restore a file, have a read of the MYOB SUPPORT NOTE  Restore a Company file