Can't export reports to Excel

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't export reports to Excel

I am using AccountRight Plus AU 2022.11.0, on my desktop.

I cannot export my reports to Excel.

Any suggestions?  (Seems to be a fairly recent problem, as I could export not that long ago.)

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Can't export reports to Excel

Hi @6203

Thank you for your post. Can you please retrieve the diagnostic log of the AccountRight file after attempting to export to excel, if you open the error log can you see a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application error ? If you can, Generally this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Please do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't know how to read the error report.

Does the report say what you were suggesting it might say?

This is the error report:

2023-01-30 15:52:22.7750,MYOB.Huxley.RF.Core.Services.AppService.RFLogService,Error,1, : System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002802B (TYPE_E_ELEMENTNOTFOUND)).
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass.get_Workbooks()
at MYOB.Huxley.RF.Extension.Export.Excel.Formatter.CreateXls(String fileName)

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @6203

Looking at the error log I can see that you are experiencing the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application error. 

This type of error can be fixed by one one of the following:

Please do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your prompt assistance on this matter.  Our IT person had to do a re-install of our MS Suite.

KB1971
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi, we have recently moved to Office 365 and I am having the same problem. I cannot export to XLS.

My log is below. 

I access my file online, and had no problems with this last week, until the Office 365 migration.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled AccountRight as per your advice to other user, but am still having the same problem.

Please advise what to do now!  

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @KB1971 , check these things:

- Is your version of Office 32 bit? AccountRight cannot export to the 64 bit version.

- After installing Office, have you reinstalled AccountRight? AccountRight should be the last program installed.

- If yes to the above, then try a quick repair of Office. (Go to Control Panel, Programs and features, sort by installed date, select MS 365, select Change, follow the prompts to quick repair). Then open AccountRight again and try the export. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

KB1971
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

It is 64 bit, with Windows 10 Pro. I uninstalled AccountRight, then I went to MYOB and I re-downloaded the whole application. No idea what to do next! 

It worked previously, it's only since they installed Office 365 this week that I have suddenly got an issue.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post