Forum Discussion

ct20
Cover User
11 months ago

Cannot log in to MYOB Software. "An error has occured in the script on this page"

I have never had problems logging onto MYOB Software, I have the latest version installed and nothing has changed.

But suddenly today I am unable to login, no matter what buttons I press or which login I try to use, the same error always comes up. It says "An error has occurred in the script on this page"

This error is coming up after I enter my login email address, which means I'm unable to enter my password to login. It is the password page that is producing this script error.

How do I fix this?

I can use the webpage version in the meantime, but I much prefer the Software MYOB to use on a daily basis.

Appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

EDITED TO ADD:

I have made a new User with an alternate email address, and this new user is able to log in perfectly with no errors.

All previously existing user accounts are unable to log in, MYOB produces the script error for all pre-existing users. How do I regain access with these users? We can't all make new logins.

5 Replies

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ct20

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concerns and feedback with us. I understand your frustration with this error message, and this is not an experience we want to provide our customers with. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

This error is caused by data that has been cached in temporary files. You will need to clear your browsing data to resolve this: 

Clear the browsing data by going into the Control Panel and Selecting Internet Options;

• Then under Browsing History select delete

• Then select the options displayed and click delete

If the above resolution does not resolve the issue, please do let me know.  

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth 

ct20
      Cover User

Thankyou, but I have done all of that and I still cannot log into the MYOB Software with the original login emails.

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ct20

Thanks for letting me know and thank you for your time looking for a solution to your concern. It is greatly appreciated. 

If the steps I have provided do not resolve the issue, something else to try is: 

1. Open Internet Options from the Control Panel

2. Click Settings under the General tab

3. click View files

4. delete the contents of the folder 

If the steps I have provided still have not resolved the issue, you may try adding MYOB as a trusted site in your internet settings. As that error is environmental, i.e., computer not AccountRight related, it might also be worth googling that error for solutions. 

Let me know how this goes and if we can provide any further assistance here on the forum. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
        Leneth