Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

User Access: My custom reports only reports created by user

Experienced Cover User

125Posts

28Kudos

1Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Since 2014.2 was released we now thankfully have more specific user access control options, which is great. HOWEVER, something really needs to be done about user access controls re. Custom reports. Presently, if a user has access to custom reports they can see ALL custom reports which have been created. This is a problem because, for example, a sales rep who needs to access his / her custom sales reports can also see the sensitive financial or wages custom reports that have been created by the company's accountant.

There needs to be some way of restricting access to certain custom reports, so that a user with access to custom reports cannot also see those that are confidential. Perhaps some form of password protection could be introduced? The creator of the custom report would then be able to password protect his report so that access would then be restricted to those knowing the password. An Enter Password field could be put in the Filter Report area per below. Probably easier said than done, but this problem really needs to be addressed.

Capture.JPG

"User Access Controls re. Custom Reports"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2018

Thank you all for your comments and votes. We understand this is an important idea and one with potential impact on user security. We did hope to make this idea possible for our clients. However, due to changes in priorities, we haven't been able to. We request everyone interested in seeing this to please continue to vote and comment.

For more information on changes to the AccountRight Idea Exchange, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

25 Comments
HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Just reiterating Fiona's point that this was recognised as a defect by MYOB 3 years ago. A defect is a defect and should have been fixed sooner than this. It worked in the non-cloud version and noone has been able to explain to me why it's so difficult to have the same functionality here. There are so many features that disappeared when we upgraded... Smiley Sad

ROG
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB,

I am apalled that this massive security issue was not addressed in the recent update.  A whole heap of ridiculous cosmetic updates done (of which I am yet to even notice let alone have any benefit) but something as important as this just goes completely ignored - can someone please explain why?

Who do we have to raise this with in order to get this addressed?

ROG
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB

3 years ago an idea thread was created asking for "My custom reports" to only be visible to the person who created them.  I would have thought the "My" made it quite self explanatory but I guess not.

I would really like to be able to save my customised reports without half the company being able to see them and knowing everyone elses payroll business.

Can someone please tell me who I need to contact to have this problem resolved as a matter of priority?  3 years "planned" is just ridiculous!!!!!

I notice a whole heap of ridiculous cosmetic updates were done recently but important security issues were overlooked.  I'm incredibly disappointed.

ALISON
6 Posts
Cover User

You can do this yourself. You go into User Settings and Manage roles. None of my employees can see anything payroll related. 

GreedyGazza
2 Posts
Cover User

Please add the ability to have Custom reports restricted to a User and not available to all users.

This will achieve limiting access to very specific tailored reports for a specific user without opening access to all users in that company or profile

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you all for your comments and votes. We understand this is an important idea and one with potential impact on user security. We did hope to make this idea possible for our clients. However, due to changes in priorities, we haven't been able to. We request everyone interested in seeing this to please continue to vote and comment.

For more information on changes to the AccountRight Idea Exchange, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I'm curious to know what other priorities have been deemed higher than security and privacy...

ROG
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

How disappointing that MYOB has other "priorities" over security.  What an absolute joke.  Can someone please advise how we have this problem escalated other than continuing with this pointless and time wasting voting process?  That blatant disregard for data security is not acceptable.  MYOB have been calling and trying to convince us to change to MYOB Advanced but I will now not even consider spending that amount of money knowing that MYOB products are seriously flawed and with no interest in fixing the problems.  I'll be warning anyone else considering MYOB to use another program instead.

GlenRed
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can I suggest that maybe even renaming this tab may help until this can be fixed.

"My Custom Reports" - says to me that they are mine - which they are clearly not.

"All Custom Reports" - may suggest that they are not exclusive?

Kind regards,

Glenda

ASHS2337
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi, what is the status of this request please, the security of personal information in custom reports is violating privacy as far as I am concerned?  How many years do we have to wait for this to be rectified, the last update to include changes to custom reports was in 2014 as far as I am aware.  Thank you.