Forum Discussion

Sadams
Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Problems exporting reports to Excel

I am using AccountRight AU 2020.3.1.  I have just started to excperience a problem wit exporting reports to Excel (using Office 365).  This feature was working fine last week but I now get no respons...
    Komal_S
    4 years ago

Hi Sadams 

The error log mentions this specific error, " System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop"

Generally, this error means that when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. A 
    range of these errors can be fixed by one of the following:

1. Quick Repair office. (any missing files should be added back)

2. Check/Fix Registry Keys (this step can only be completed by an IT professional as this is an environmental issue with windows having missing or incorrect information). Reference link as an example for Outlook is :

https://webmakers.co.nz/interface-not-registered-exception-from-hresult-0x80040155-microsoft-office-...

Feel free to post should you have any other queries.