Forum Discussion

SharonMaguire
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Export display for sales reports

Hi

How do I customise the reports so that each column holds data ie the Customer Name and Debtor ID are in seperate columns not above the information. Please see attached.

Mike_James
    2 years ago

Hi SharonMaguire , I see your Card ID values are numeric, so you need a different formula in each column:

A2: =IF(IFERROR(FIND("/",D3),0),A2,C3)

B2: =IF(IFERROR(FIND("/",D3),0),B2,D3)

and copy these down. These formulae check the values in the date column for a "/", which must be a date, as long as you don't use that symbol in a card ID.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi SharonMaguire , that can't be done in AccountRight itself, but it is possible in Excel. 

I've attached a small example. If you modify your report columns and rows to match*, then set up the formulae in teh first two rows, and copy the second row down to the last report row. Then you should have the customer name and card ID in every row.

* Delete row 11 (the blank row between the column headings and the first row of data, then delete column A and insert 2 fresh columns. Format those as General before adding formulae.

SharonMaguire
      Experienced User

Hi Mike

Thank you, however if I delete column A I will loose the customers name. I think I'm missing something.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi SharonMaguire , on my report, there was a very narrow column A. If yours doesn't have that, ignore that step.