Forum Discussion

RMR1
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

Error

I am trying to enter a credit note and MYOB comes up with the following error message:

Processing this purchase would leave the item ???? with a positive on hand quantity and a negative value in inventory. How do I fix this?

• Hi RMR1 

As AccountRight does not allow for negative inventory quantities or values, if the transaction you were recording reduced either of these amounts to below zero you would receive an error.

In this case, as its referring to the value of the items not the quantity, you would need to increase the value of the items through an inventory adjustment. This increase would need to increase the total value of the item in the error so its above the amount of the credit.

For example, let’s say you currently have 5 of this item at $6, totaling $30. If the credit you’re trying to record was for 4 items at $8, totaling $32 it won’t be able to be recorded. You’d need to record an inventory adjustment to bring the value to at least $32 so you can record the credit

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi RMR1 

As AccountRight does not allow for negative inventory quantities or values, if the transaction you were recording reduced either of these amounts to below zero you would receive an error.

In this case, as its referring to the value of the items not the quantity, you would need to increase the value of the items through an inventory adjustment. This increase would need to increase the total value of the item in the error so its above the amount of the credit.

For example, let’s say you currently have 5 of this item at $6, totaling $30. If the credit you’re trying to record was for 4 items at $8, totaling $32 it won’t be able to be recorded. You’d need to record an inventory adjustment to bring the value to at least $32 so you can record the credit

RMR1
      Contributing User

Thank you, thought this might be what I had to do.